Will support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Office of Habitat Conservation (OHC), Habitat Protection Division (HPD). Will focus on HPD's strategic communications related to key office priorities including ecosystem approaches to management and effective use of existing coastal and marine authorities. Will plan and implement internal communication efforts and development of communication products to raise awareness and visibility of the HPD. Other duties include:
* Develop and disseminate print and online communication products, including communications plans, web stories, messages, social media posts, and talking points.
* Create and lay-out fact sheets, brochures, and other outreach materials such as infographics using Adobe Creative Cloud.
* Coordinate the communication of HPD staff's outreach needs, develop messages and share announcements following agency processes, and work with subject matter experts and field staff to identify opportunities to communicate their work.
* Build and maintain relationships and effective communications within NOAA and with other government agencies, private groups, and not-for-profit organizations to leverage information and identify opportunities for collaboration.
* Support strategic communication for HPD program priorities by identifying linkages with wider Office and NOAA Fisheries priorities and programs.
* Assist in defining key messages of HPD programs and issues appropriate to audiences including but not limited to Congress, NOAA leadership, media, and the general public.
3+ years of specialized experience developing strategic communications plans and campaigns for science or environmental agency, private company, public relations firm, or non-governmental organization. Must have:
* Excellent writing and editing skills including a demonstrated ability to write for the web, including articles, static content, and/or blog posts.
* Experience with content management systems, preferably Drupal, and using social media, particularly Twitter, required.
* Experience with Google Analytics and other user analysis applications is preferred.
* Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign and Illustrator.
* Experience with content management systems, preferably Drupal.
* Experience using social media, particularly Twitter.
* Excellent writing and editing skills are required.
* Experience executing media relations events intended for news media, partners, and stakeholders.
* Experience with Google Analytics and other user analysis applications.
* Experience with creating infographics, charts/graphs, tables.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in related discipline, or equivalent.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com