KERAMIDA Inc. is seeking motivated, qualified and skilled professionals to perform environmental inspection and monitoring services. In particular, our inspectors will oversee contractor implementation of environmental controls and mitigation measures through the performance of daily field inspections, initiate corrective actions where appropriate, and ensure compliance with construction standards and specific contract documents.
Successful applicants will have a college degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Ecology, or a related field, and have two (2) to six (6) years' experience in environmental inspections or a related field. Experience in utility construction is a plus.
- Working in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
- Performs work in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Compiles information and prepares construction reports as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee usually works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- Often works around asphalt, concrete, and dust.
- Operates a motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the inspection.
- Inspects for compliance with approved permits, plans and regulations.
- Prepares reports and performs filing duties.
- Maintains accurate records of time spent on site, completing reports and mileage for billing/reimbursement by Client.
- Punctual Attendance at work is essential.
- Requires a college degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources Management, Ecology, or a related field.***
- Requires two (2) to six (6) years' experience in environmental inspections or a related field.* *
- Experience in utility construction is a plus.*
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to stormwater conveyance and control; working knowledge of applicable laws, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection, safety and traffic control;
- Considerable skill in reading and interpreting construction drawings, plans and specifications, and skill in applying material testing procedures.
- Ability to prepare, organize and maintain inspection field and office data, reports and systems.
- Ability to perform required mathematical computations.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, orally and in writing, in a professional manner to contractors.
- Must be physically capable of moving about construction work sites.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com