Boeing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) organization has an exciting opportunity for a mid-career (level 3) Environmental Health & Safety Specialist. This position will provide EHS Support to the Boeing Global Services - Infrastructure Support & Services (ISS) team at the Chantilly, VA site.
Primary job duties:
• Prepares compliance and technical reports to meet Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulatory requirements.
• Acts as primary site interface with regulatory agencies.
• Performs program reviews, investigates incidents and provides corrective action to prevent re-occurrence of incidents.
• Evaluates workplace hazards.
• Provides input to facilities projects to ensure compliance.
• Conducts education and training to support regulatory and business requirements.
• Evaluates impact of new regulations on company operations.
• Reviews vendor, contractor and supplier activities for EHS compliance for site processes and program goals.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Experience in conducting EHS training.
• Experience planning and performing environmental or safety audits.
• This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
• Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety related discipline.
• Experience with EHS elements of facility operations and maintenance, including construction and contractor oversight.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com