Exponent's Environmental and Earth Sciences Practice is currently seeking a Senior Scientist/Managing Scientist for our Pasadena or Oakland, CA office. The individual in this position will be responsible for providing a high level of support to clients and the consultants in the Environmental and Earth Sciences Practice involving geologic and hydrogeologic analyses for the evaluation of groundwater resources, contaminant transport and fate, environmental forensics, and remedial actions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Hydrogeological analyses to support evaluations of water resources, water rights, and interactions between surface water and groundwater
- Evaluation of contaminant transport and fate using analytical and numerical models
- Analyses of environmental forensics, remedial actions, and groundwater resources, potentially including the development of conceptual models and the construction of geologic/hydrogeologic cross sections, contaminant maps, etc.
- Supporting multidisciplinary project teams on complex, challenging problems
- Pursuit of professional development, including conference presentations and journal publications, to improve professional visibility
- Developing client relationships
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Geology, Hydrogeology, Geologic Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- 5 – 7 years of consulting experience is preferred
- Expertise in geology, hydrogeology, and contaminant transport-and-fate analyses, including demonstrated experience with MODFLOW, MT3D, and related models
- Familiarity with California’s Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) and the Integrated Water Flow Model (IWFM) is preferred but not required
- Strong and efficient capabilities for constructing, calibrating (e.g., using PEST), and operating large numerical models and processing model output.
- Must have current professional licensure or desire to obtain professional licensure
- Project management experience including tracking of milestones and deliverables
- Strong interest in career and professional development within a dynamic consulting environment
- Must have strong technical skills as shown by project experience and/or publication record
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com