The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thats moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youll help answer todays challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrows solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented and energetic students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2018. The Facilities & Services Organization is seeking a candidate to complete an internship. The primary goal for this position is to work within the P&W Industrial Services organization. This internship will provide professional hands-on work experience for candidates with proven academic performance and leadership potential. The Industrial Services Organization is responsible for the compliant and safe operation of industrial wastewater infrastructure, complex wastewater treatment systems, the RCRA Part B TSDF, aerospace scrap/alloy mgt.,& various production related services: chemical mgt., waste mgt., process solution mgt., and spill response. The Intern will support project engineers and supervisors in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support projects as well as experience the day-to-day aerospace work environment. The Intern may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events/training which help them build a network.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
• Coordinating work groups and informational flow to keep projects on schedule.
• Performing process risk assessments
• Supporting continuous improvement efforts
• Researching current systems/equipment & associated work processes.
• Performing data collection, review, and analysis.
• Creating & revising standard work.
• Working closely with cross-functional groups including quality, production, environment, safety, engineering, and maintenance.
• Providing administrative support by coordinating and supporting meetings as requested by leadership.
• Developing and presenting reports detailing project progression.
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to a changing environment and maintain priorities.
• Working in a team environment.
• You must be a US Citizen or US Person.
• You must be working toward a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in STEM, Engineering, Industrial Technology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
And always apply early because employers may close the job listing early