The diverse team of people on our Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S)team
are motivated by an ambitious goal: to make UTC Aerospace Systems the safest, healthiest aerospace company – with the smallest environmental footprint – on the planet. Join us as we continue to lead the way in safety culture, environmental excellence, and regulatory compliance.
We are looking for an Intern, EH&S Support to support the Electric Power Systems sites in Rockford, IL.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of EH&S programs and procedures
- Providing guidance to line management and hourly individuals on the effective execution of safety programs
- Actively working with and supporting Rockford business units and internal customers
- Performing EH&S audits and inspections, and providing recommendations for hazard mitigation and risk reduction
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts in EH&S performance; including safety improvement programs, corrective actions, and environmental protection projects
- Developing compliance strategies to mistake-proof the elimination of injuries and maintenance of regulatory compliance
- Reporting to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety regulations and company requirements, policies, and procedure
- Microsoft knowledgeable
- Strong ability to provide high-level customer service and meet objectives
- Outstanding analytical, organization, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in EH&S
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have a minimum of 30 credit hours completed
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
And always apply early because employers may close the job listing early
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.