The Product Environmental Specialist provides expert product stewardship guidance to assure compliance with RoHS, REACH, WEEE, End Producer Responsibilities (EPR) Conflict Minerals (Dodd-Frank Act), Emerging Regulations, and/or other Global Product Stewardship regulations. The Product Stewardship Specialist is a key team member who works with business leaders to drive regulatory compliance and Product Stewardship compliance while enabling growth. As such, the Product Stewardship Specialist must possess technical and regulatory skills, and demonstrate business acumen.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
• Develop and implement strategies to achieve product compliance with regulations requiring product and new chemical substance registration, notification, or permitting
• Anticipate, communicate, and manage regulatory changes that may impact existing product lines and new product introduction
• Provide guidance to business and implement appropriate product compliance plans
• Understand potential product use and misuse (occupational, consumer, etc.) and work across the function to develop work flows to manage products through their life cycle
• Manage product stewardship qualifications for all applicable Product Stewardship global requirements
• Work with the technology and businesses to develop and products that can be made, used and disposed of safely
• Perform other Product Stewardship duties as assigned
YOU MUST HAVE
• BS in chemistry, biology, science, environmental health science, engineering, regulatory affairs, Product Stewardship or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years’ experience global or regional product registrations and notifications
• 2+ years’ experience managing projects and new product introduction
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com