3M is seeking a EHS Manager for the Chemical Operations of FMRD located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of EHS Manager will provide overall coordination and support for improving environmental, health, safety and regulatory compliance and performance within the Chemical Operations of FMRD. This position requires leading teams to drive continuous improvement activities in safety, coaching of plant safety professionals, representing the division on corporate teams and initiatives, auditing, consulting and providing hands on support in the manufacturing plants.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide EHS direction for the division including plant locations
- Manage EHS compliance and provide input to corporate audit schedule for the division
- Develop and own the division EHS plan
- Lead improvement projects that span across all facilities in the division
- Develop division plans for longer-term initiatives such as noise reduction, PIV reduction, etc.
- Define the division path forward to achieve 2025 sustainability goals
- Track division EHS metrics and trends and provide updates to the DOC
- Provide coaching to EHS leaders and professionals within the division as needed
- Partner with the 3M Engineering and EHS organizations on relevant programs and projects
- Monitor regulatory trends and activities that could have an impact on division facilities or operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science, engineering, or environmental, health, and safety discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of Environmental, Health, and Safety experience in manufacturing in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory or management experience
- Master’s degree in an EHS related field from an accredited university
- CSP, CIH, ASP and/or QEP certification
- Experience in developing EHS plans and managing activities to achieve targets and objectives
- Strong project management skills and ability to set objectives and deliver results
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire others
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com