As the Environmental, Social, Health, & Safety Manager for the construction of a LNG to Power Project, you will be responsible for providing leadership to implement and maintain a sound, proactive and responsible ESHS culture throughout the Company/Project, promoting compliance with objectives and requirements of the different components of the ESHS Management System, and ensuring that implementation tools are provided as necessary.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the Company’s ESHS Management System for both, construction and operations phases to provide assurance that Project activities are performed in accordance with corporate policies, with local regulations, in line with ESIA commitments and in compliance with IFC Performance Standards and EHS Guidelines. The Management System shall follow ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Design and implementation of the Company’s assurance process for ESHS matters across the different components of the project, including the review of the EPC Contractor Performance, through periodic internal audits, inspections and walkdowns to ensure compliance with local regulations, ESIAs and lender requirements.
- Provide advice and support to General Management; defining work scopes, procurement and management of external consultants undertaking ESHS studies, baseline surveys, audits, environmental and social impact assessment; obtaining environmental permits for construction and operations; liaising with project engineers; with EPC Contractors and writing construction and operations ESHS management plans.
- Implement and supervise environmental monitoring and management plans/programs (including biodiversity monitoring) for all Project components: Marine, Plant and T-Line. Summarize and report monitoring and ESHS performance results to Senior Management. Manage and direct personnel involved in these activities.
- Build local ESHS team to manage ESHS for LNG to power project
- Management of the ESHS team (budget, staff, timelines and resources), leading the ESHS Company/Project Performance.
- Extensive travel as needed
- Relocation to El Salvador .
- University degree in engineering, health and safety, environmental engineering, physical or biological science or other applicable field.
- Master Degree in environmental engineering, occupational health and safety, renewable energies or other applicable field is considered a plus.
- 10 years of experience in ESHS Management in large infrastructure Projects in the Oil, Gas, Power, Mining sectors.
- 5 years of experience in designing and implementing ESHS Management Systems aligned with ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying national and international standards related to ESHS matters including IFC Performance Standards and EHS Guidelines
- 10 years of experience in similar positions
- 5 years of experience in developing and implementing ESHS programs to IFC standards
- Experience in assurance programs, monitoring, and/or auditing
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com