NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
This position is in the Environmental Licensing & Permitting Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting new development opportunities for NextEra Energy Resources and other NextEra Energy affiliates. The preferred work location for this position is at the NextEra Energy headquarters in Juno Beach, Florida *. Applicant must have at least 5 years of relevant Project Management experience and have the ability to successfully lead, with limited direction, environmental permitting for new corporate development opportunities and acquisitions in power generation, energy storage and transmission projects. Specific to this position will be an emphasis on permitting wind and solar energy projects in the Midwestern US. Primary responsibilities include obtaining all required federal, state and local environmental licenses, permits and approvals for development projects as well supporting other project activities such as siting and community outreach. Applicant must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues and ability to assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions. The successful candidate must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations, have the ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, and be able to assist in resolving complex environmental matters. He or she must help ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies. Routine out of state travel will be required.
* For highly qualified candidates with extensive wind permitting in the Midwest, a remote Midwestern work location may be considered.
This job is responsible for obtaining approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing company facilities from federal, state, provincial, regional and local agencies. Employees in this job provide specialized environmental expertise and environmental technical support to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and permits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews, assists with facility compliance audits, and conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
• Supports environmental programs that provide specialized expertise to ensure cost effective environmental solutions that maximize operational flexibility, maximize environmental benefits for costs incurred, and contribute to improved system reliability and customer satisfaction
• Translates regulations and permits into actionable construction compliance tasks
• Obtains permit modifications for existing permits and obtains new permits for construction and maintenance activities
• Provides guidance on alternatives to minimize environmental impacts
• Identifies, tracks, and analyzes environmental construction compliance performance metrics
• Reviews, monitors, and comments on emerging legislation and regulations that might have an impact on operations
• Compiles input and data to develop company policy and comments and positions presented to regulators
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Michigan; Missouri; Wisconsin
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com