The incumbent will be responsible for developing and overseeing environment, health and safety, and security programs throughout the DE Division that are compatible with SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT’S requirements and that allow DE management to monitor, verify, and strengthen compliance with regulations. Under limited direction, plans, organizes, coordinates and implements the environmental compliance, health and safety, and security programs for the DE Division; takes action to ensure compliance with federal and state safety, health and environmental regulations and requirements; advises managers on safe work methods and practices and the elimination of environmental hazards; investigates accidents, near misses, and chemical spill/release incidents, and prepares necessary reports to ensure proper reporting measures are met to all internal departments, as well as external regulatory agencies. Interface with corporate EHS team to implement corporate initiatives at the division and project level.
Serve as the Divisional contact for the Regulated Segment Environmental Compliance Assurance Program (ECAP), Health and Safety Program, Emergency Response Plan and other activities that enable DE to continually improve EH&S performance.
The role will require the oversight, operational support and coordination of all EHS programs, working with corporate, legal, financial, engineering, and operations management teams to accelerate and improve the effectiveness of our EHS activities and ensure that events are reported in a timely and responsible manner. It will also carry responsibility to conduct investigations and develop / implement remedial programs, where necessary
- Working knowledge of federal environmental (EPA), health and safety (OSHA), and security (DHS) and corresponding State regulations.
- Working knowledge of wastewater and water treatment/collection/distribution would be an advantage or will have to be learned within a short timeframe after employment, similar experience in laboratory testing would be of value.
- An understanding of computer applications is essential.
- Strong leadership, communication, technical and presentation skills required.
- Desired, but not required, certifications include:
- Authorization by the OSHA Training Institute as an authorized instructor on OSHA Standards for general industry.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional), or ability to acquire CSP designation.
- CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager)
- Certifications issued by AWWA and other recognized industrial safety organizations on topics relevant to conducting specific safety training courses and responding to hazardous materials handling operations and chemical spill/release incidents.
- Responsible for the accurate and complete maintenance of EHS Compliance Tracking tools for the assigned Division.
- Provide support to operations in preparation and maintenance of regulatory documentation and reports for compliance (permits, testing, etc.)
- Oversee implementation and use of compliance tools (e.g., WIMs, Intelex, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Review On-site Compliance Documents (OCDs) for assigned Division and assist operation with updating and maintaining as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of ISO program documentation, where applicable.
- Assist operations in developing, implementing, and maintaining Health and Safety Manuals, site specific EH&S programs, and Emergency Response Plans .
- Assist operation in development and implementation of various environmental programs including spill prevention control & counter-measure plans, storm water pollution prevention plan, hazardous materials and waste management program, waste minimization procedures. Also reviews chemicals used and assist with maintaining required materials safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Review and approve OSHA-300A logs for the assigned projects for accuracy and completeness prior to distribution to the projects.
- Respond to hot-line emergency calls and provide assistance to the projects in managing incidents over phone. Serves as a First Responder on chemical spill/release incidents if necessary.
- Assist with incident investigation, root-cause analysis, and division and segment reviews.
- Prepare and provide incident alerts as required.
- Participate in EH&S audits, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related experience in EH&S compliance. Working knowledge of operational aspects of Water and Wastewater industry would be an advantage.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
And always apply early because employers may close the job listing early.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities