This position is located in Office of Water/Office of Wetlands Oceans and Watersheds/Oceans Wetlands and Communities Division/Program Development and Jurisdiction Branch. For more information on this office, visit their website: http://www.epa.gov
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
1) Draft policy documents and regulations, soliciting comment (internal and external), and finalize Agency technical/scientific reports and policies; working collaboratively with federal, state, tribal and local environmental agency officials to create and enhance programs.
2) Participates in Agency and interagency workgroups and in stakeholder and other outreach efforts to solicit public and/or expert input regarding future aquatic resource restoration and protection actions, and communicates with states, Regions, associations and others on issues to ensure constructive relations and provide/obtain information.
3) Assist in developing documents and project plans for Stream and Wetland, regulatory tool development and best management practices on aquatic resources.
4) Help evaluate wetland related analyses performed by other agencies, including validity of approaches and methodologies.
5) Support the development of national strategies and guidance in order to assist EPA Regions, states and tribes in the enhancement of state and tribal wetland programs, including establishment and implementation of water quality standards for wetlands and scientific field tools.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
And always apply early because employers may close the job listing early.