About the Position: This position works for the US Army, Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville, FL, with a duty station in either Clewiston, FL OR Okeechobee, FL. You may select the duty station in which you would like to be considered for.
This is a developmental position being filled at the GS-07 grade level. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to GS-09, and full performance GS-11 target grade level without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
Learn more about this agency
- Conduct field surveys of invasive plants.
- Participate in the management of invasive species projects.
- Operate airboats and motorboats.
- Utilize Geographic Information System (GIS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) to monitor and track invasive species.
- Participate in the planning, construction or implementation of ecosystem restoration projects.
- Knowledge of invasive species management methods, (i.e., Biocontrol, Mechanical, Chemical)
- Coordinate and plan with other agencies (Invasive Species Management and Ecosystem Restoration projects).
- Analyze data using spreadsheets, databases and/or GIS.
- Participate in outreach activities associate with invasive species management and ecosystem restoration.
- Input data using spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepare reports and correspondence on technical issues and policy matters.
- Participate in public presentations to professional societies, civic and educational groups related to invasive species management and/or ecosystem restoration.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
And always apply early because employers may close the job listing early.
$41,365 to $53,773 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 7.