Position has responsibility for compliance, guidance and oversight of corporate-wide Clean Air Act emissions monitoring, testing, and Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) programs under direction of Supervisor, Environmental. The Specialist III provides technical direction and oversight to junior staff and contractors/ consultants. Technical complexity of work is medium to high. Job duties include:
- High level understanding of state/federal Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS), Continuous Opacity Monitoring Systems (COMS), emissions testing/monitoring, and all associated recordkeeping and reporting requirements to support corporate-wide compliance.
- High level understanding of state/federal leak detection and repair (LDAR) requirements to support corporate-wide compliance.
- Independently provide guidance on state/federal regulatory requirements related to emissions testing, monitoring, CEMS, COMS, and LDAR requirements to ensure compliance with air quality regulations at company facilities.
- Responsible for working with business units on review and submittal of emissions test protocols, emissions test reports, LDAR plans/reports, and CEMS/COMS plans/reports.
- Communicate within Environmental Services and business groups to ensure consistent interpretation and implementation of state/ federal environmental requirements related to emissions testing, LDAR, CEMS, and COMS.
- Develop and provide environmental training to Dominion Energy staff on state/federal requirements for emissions testing, LDAR, CEMS, and COMS.
- Oversight and technical direction of contractors and consultants, including preparation of scopes of work, purchase requisitions and invoice approval for contractors and consultants.
- Adherence to Dominion Energy environmental policy, guidance and work practices.
- Support to business units on environmental inspections and environmental audits as necessary.
- Complete analysis of and comment on proposed and new state/federal environmental regulations for impact on Dominion Energy related to emissions testing, LDAR, CEMS, and COMS requirements.
- Adherence to Dominion Energy safety rules and safety performance expectations.
- Use of electronic databases to analyze and monitor company compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Agency interface on LDAR issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with implementing, interpreting and providing guidance on emissions testing/monitoring and or LDAR regulations
- Extremely knowledgeable or expert level understanding of the Clean Air Act’s emissions testing, LDAR, CEMS, and COMS requirements.
- Proven ability to diplomatically and assertively handle challenging situations with regulatory agencies, the public, or company personnel.
- Respectful assertiveness to proactively ensure environmental compliance requirements are met by others while considering the spirit and letter of the law.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven team building skills, communication skills, writing skills and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people internal and external to the organization in a collaborative fashion.
- Proven ability to work in a geographically diverse team environment.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Other Education: Engineering, science
BS or MS in physical science, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, environmental science or equivalent education.
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com