PG&E currently has an opening for a summer internship in Fresno for a Land Planning Analyst in the Environmental Management-Electric Transmission. This position will also support the Gas Transmission team and the Power Generation team within Environmental Management. The Land Planning Analyst position supports programs of environmental compliance and project permitting where environmental guidelines are established between PG&E and various state and federal agencies. The primary role is one of project screening, environmental permitting support and documentation. Project screening utilizes PG&E computerized information management systems (MapGuide GIS, HCP Portals, SAP) and other standard office communication formats (e-mail, teleconferencing). Program/Project screening and documentation may include daily data entries and assessment of standard permitting requirements. Program data will support development of programmatic reports and audits. Project screening determines project permitting requirements. Communicating with other Land team members and Line of Business (LOB) project teams verbally and in writing is another key requirement of this job.
Location of this internship is in Fresno, CA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performs all work in accordance with PG&E safety goals and practices: completes all required safety training and promotes safety awareness
Project Screening and Documentation/Research & Review
- Reviews new projects received through the various portals and SAP.
- Forwards projects that may require additional field review to the appropriate environmental technical specialist
- Uses the appropriate SAP portal to record project-specific information
- Responsible for maintaining the project databases and updating them frequently
- Research through GIS, PG&E records, public records, etc. to determine land uses, constraints, regulatory jurisdictions, local, state, and federal regulatory requirements on gas and electric projects.
Support to Audits and Other Business Processes
- Provides project data to appropriate project managers for use in development of scheduled reports and/or audits
- May communicate with project managers to identify dependencies and schedules for completion of pre-activity surveys, planning and permitting
- May assist in tracking and documenting project related costs
- Qualified candidates will be working toward a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Urban/Regional Planning, Business Administration, Land Planning, Natural Resource Planning, Environmental Engineering, or other related fields (students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Skilled with standard office computer applications including MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com