This position will support the Distributed Generation team particularly with customer experience efforts and storage initiatives to benchmark, research, and translate research into customer-facing useful information as well as assisting with the longer term education plan. The position may also be involved in process improvement, quality control and other special projects.
Clean Energy Programs is looking for a talented intern to help support the DG customer experience team and provide insights that help us deliver optimal customer experience with our programs.
- Conduct research to prepare for improvements on the NEM plus storage bill presentment, including benchmarking across utilities.
- Conduct research on storage calculator options, including benchmarking across the storage industry for best practices and determine what assumptions the calculator should include. Additionally, find related research to inform our understanding of what customers are hoping to gain from a storage tool.
- Help PG&E set up research with customer insights team to assess an optimal storage calculator and bill experience.
- Lead benchmark research to compare utilities/comparable companies and how they value customer satisfaction when making business decisions. Currently, there isn’t a company-wide approach to putting financial value on efforts to improve customer satisfaction that helps determine which work should be done. The intern will form a proposal on how to value customer satisfaction.
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced colleagues. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Environmental Studies, or related field (students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Experience working with customers and thinking about the customer perspective
- Creative thinking, the ability to think beyond what exists today to what a customer experience should be in the future
- Ability to conduct market research
- Detail-oriented, curious to understand details and gain a deep understanding of complex issues
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com