Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Specialist for our San Antonio W, TX office. We are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented professional with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills; strong organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and anticipate team needs.
The successful candidate will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the firm who are focused on solving our client’s environmental challenges. This Environmental Specialist will scope, perform, and deliver project assignments, with the associated responsibility for meeting profitability, quality management, and safety goals.
- BS in Environmental Science or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years professional environmental consulting experience
- Familiarity with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with project staff, client representatives, resource agencies, and sub-consultants concerning project purpose
- Experience operating equipment such as GPS, laser range finders, cameras, etc.
- Certified Erosion, Sediment & Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI) certification or a more advanced stormwater certification is highly preferred. However, future certification as a CESSWI or a comparable certification, is a minimum requirement of the position
- Ability to utilize computer software such as Google Earth, Microsoft products to include Word, Excel; client FTP platforms, and Internet Explorer
- Experience with construction stormwater inspections and stormwater plan development is highly preferable
- Experience with Phase I ESAs, SPCC plans, and natural resources assessments is a plus.
- Ability to cross-train into other environmental technical areas is preferable
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com