Jacobs is providing environmental support services for one of Canada’s largest energy infrastructure projects currently under construction!!
This is an exciting opportunity for Wildlife Biologists to join our team in Calgary, AB to provide front line wildlife consulting services as part of a dynamic team of experts and contractors!
*This is a contract field position from April-Sept 2018 (approx. 6 months):
Summer field activities will be based in Calgary, AB and may require travel to diverse habitat locations to: conduct wildlife studies, with a particular emphasis on migratory bird and amphibian studies; assess potential impacts to wildlife; recommend mitigative measures related to industrial activity; and, assist with interdisciplinary field surveys.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology, primarily related to wildlife, or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Willingness to work in the field in remote locations for extended periods of time
• 1-3 years of relevant field experience related to wildlife conducting migratory bird surveys in Western Canada, preferably for prairie species
• Knowledge of provincial and federal environmental legislation and regulatory requirements, primarily in western Canada
• Experience with biophysical baseline studies and monitoring programs
• Accurate record keeping and strong time management skills
• Positive attitude and self-motivated, with strong consideration for safety in the field
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and suited to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience operating field vehicles (4x4 trucks) and pulling trailers
• Demonstrated technical writing skills
• Experience working with construction programs and understanding of construction requirements
• Experience writing applications for activities in western Canada that are provincially and/or federally regulated
• Valid First Aid and H2S certifications, or additional safety tickets such as Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST) or equivalent, among others
-Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com