- Ensure all legal, regulatory, Shell Group and Downstream Manufacturing Environmental requirements are translated into transparent and pragmatic site work processes and procedures.
- Assures site delivery on Environmental programmes are met in accordance with local/country regulations and Group environmental standards.
- Become the Environment focal point in the Production Unit (PU) assigned. Become part of the PU day team support member to implement Environmental Improvement Programme such as Zero Oil Business Tactic and ensure all activities are conducted and managed in PU are in accordance with agreed Environmental practices and procedure as outlined in the site management system and the necessary environmental performance reporting requirements.
- Conduct Environment field walkabout to raise environment awareness and conduct environment field audit to ensure field environment compliance. Monitor, track, drive action items to closure.
- Provides environmental support to Projects & Turnaround event to achieve Goal Zero aspiration.
- Responsible for the Environment portion of the comprehensive HSSE Plan for turnaround events and projects, and to ensure environmental practices and/or procedures are communicated and practiced during execution.
- Report and investigate Environmental Non-Compliances (ENCs) and oil spills with Production Unit (PU) team and lead/assist to develop solutions to problems to prevent recurrence
- Provide advice on all environmental matters to members in the Production Units assigned, including contractors
- Give environmental advice on day to day operations, e.g., plant operation, construction, plant modification, maintenance works, transportation and other works conducted in or related to site operations;
- Give advice, with regard to environmental aspects on design, selection, purchase and installation of new equipment arising from small to medium sized projects
- Assess and investigate the incident reports with regard to environmental issues and advise on mitigation or preventive measures if appropriate;
- Ensure that sound environmental control systems and practices are maintained and being well followed by
- Reviewing the environmental strategy and control systems with regular confirmation of field practices.
- Monitoring environmental performance and provide technical/HSE assistance to the field while advising on ways to improve overall environmental performance.
- Develop and implement environmental solutions for your designated areas/subject matter, working with cross functional/disciplines and influencing key stakeholders to achieve the Environment tactics/goals.
- Ensure ENCs and Oil Spills are investigated and reported and identifying solutions options. Collect the necessary data on environmental performance to produce the environmental reports for the stakeholders and the authorities as applicable
- Maintain and continually improve on the Environmental Aspects of the HEMP Implementation Plan.
- Raise Management of Change (MOC) to solve problems as required.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com