Overview of Responsibilities:
This is a summer position for college students currently studying environmental science who have an interest in pursuing a career in geo-environmental consulting. Responsibilities may include: observing and assisting staff professionals with sampling of soil, groundwater, air and/or asbestos or lead-based paint; assisting with Phase I environmental assessments; observing and documenting environmental or geotechnical explorations; and assisting with laboratory soil tests. Duties may also include assisting with miscellaneous office and administrative support tasks.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Under close supervision of staff professionals, assist with geo-environmental tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties.
- Provide clear documentation of observations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, as required to supervisors, clients, contractors and other outside parties.
- Maintain assigned equipment.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Completion of at least three years toward a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science.
- Completion of at least two courses in environmental science.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com