Preparation of environmental documentation to address project compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and applicable State and Local environmental laws.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the collection and analysis of social, economic, and environmental data for inclusion in technical reports evaluating project alternatives and assessing impacts of proposed actions.
- Collecting and analyzing transportation data for corridor routing studies and long term infrastructure planning.
- Preparation of NEPA documentation including Categorical Exclusions (CEs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
- Project management experience overseeing the preparation of Texas Department of Transportation environmental documentation, preferably in the following districts (Fort Worth, Dallas, Brownwood, Waco, Tyler, Paris, Wichita Falls, and Atlanta).
- Experience organizing and participating in public meeting and reviewing/incorporating public comments.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Senior level scientific professional responsible for leading complex projects requiring innovative investigation techniques.
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
- Provide technical direction and training to less experienced professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Serves as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Civil Engineering, or related discipline and 8-10 years’ related experience.
- Pre-certified by TxDOT for Environmental Document Preparation .
- Certification in field of expertise required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com