Conduct environmental site investigations, assessments and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material, and soil. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
• Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
• Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
• Entry level scientific professional responsible for gathering data and information to be evaluated by other team members.
• Performs testing and sampling of environmental materials including soil, air, groundwater, building materials, and noise.
• Tabulate and prepare data for written reports.
• May assist with report preparation by summarizing data and information within reports.
• Operates field monitoring equipment.
• Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems.
• Will assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I site assessments.
• Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis.
• Maintains and calibrates field monitoring equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 years’ related experience.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
• Asbestos experience (preferred).
• HAZWOPER Training preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com