Terracon is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist or Geologist for our office based in Shreveport, LA. You’ll conduct environmental site investigations, assessments and surveys to sample, measure and analyze air, water, material, and soil. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Projects may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Senior level scientific professional responsible for leading complex projects requiring innovative investigation techniques.
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
- Provide technical direction and training to less experience professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Serves as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Geology or related science field and 8-11 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12-15 years related experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Certification in field of expertise required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Authorized Project Reviewer status preferred.
- If Geologist, PG license is preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com