ASSOCIATE ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST 1/TECHNICIAN (MN)
The primary task of the Associate Environmental Scientist 1/Technician will be to assist in the operation of a small groundwater treatment plant located near St. Paul, MN. The responsibilities associated with this task include monitoring of day-to-day operations, system checks, preparing feed solutions, performing preventative maintenance, maintaining and providing minor repair for instrumentation and treatment equipment, maintain inventories for chemicals and other materials/parts, and responding to system shutdowns and alarms. Operator must be capable of working independently and in cooperation with a second lead operator and Engineer. A minimum of one year directly applicable experience in water and wastewater treatment operations or similar operations is preferred. Because the plant operates 24-7, the position does require on-call availability on weekends that is shared between the two operators, with as-needed support from our engineering staff. We anticipate that the plant will be in operation for at least the next 10 years.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a project team.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Oversee and work with subcontractors while performing work.
- Operate equipment and technology used to gather environmental samples and information in the field.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment
- Help establish and drive improvement in health and safety standards including training, corrective actions and compliance.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Out-of-town overnight travel is occasionally required.
- Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Provide assistance in the entry, analysis, evaluation and interpretation of hydrologic, hydrogeologic and chemical data obtained during field investigations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in related field technician position.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- OSHA 40-hour training a plus.
- Must perform preventative and basic remedial maintenance on equipment needed to perform assigned duties. Knowledge of proper use and operation of equipment must be learned with minimum training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Accurately following letter and intent of established procedures and methods. Determining accuracy, precision, and quality of work.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com