Atkins is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our Waste & Resource Management Team in Epsom. The Team provides expert advice and support to clients across all Atkins’ key market sectors. Waste and Resource Management includes waste management plans and strategy, design in existing and new developments, sustainability and resource conservation, regulatory support, waste classification and characterisation and the development of waste and energy recovery infrastructure.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We are looking for a motivated, client and solution-oriented individual to join our dynamic and expanding business. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced individual who is looking to progress their career.
Candidates for this role must be open to UK and international travel. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in several of the following:
• Working knowledge of UK and EU waste regulations;
• Providing practical construction waste and resource management advice to clients, both on and off site;
• Have extensive knowledge of solid waste treatment and management systems; and
• Project and bid management.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
• Carbon modelling;
• Environmental Permitting (in relation to waste); and
• Supporting in business development.
The individual Candidates for this role must be open to UK travel (with the possibility for occasional short-term international assignments). The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
• Ability to show initiative, with a confident, professional “Can Do” approach;
• Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills;
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically;
• Have an interest in and understanding of broader environmental and sustainability issues;
• Working towards becoming (or already) chartered with an institution such as CIWM or IEMA;
• Have a full UK/EEC driving licence.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving chartership and corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com