This individual will be responsible for state and local environmental and regulatory permitting in support of oil and gas operations. Duties will include regulatory reporting at the State and Federal levels, preparation and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets, and collaborating with other technical support necessary for the Operations department to be successful. This position is located in downtown Houston, Texas. Level and salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the preparation and tracking of all regulatory reporting associated with drilling and completion operations
- Meet with government officials in the regulatory departments to ensure company strategy aligns with rulemaking
- Coordinate regulatory hearings and proceedings
- Make certain all annual updates, renewals, and reports are submitted to state and local municipal entities
- Keep company informed of any changes to permit requirements to ensure compliance
- Coordinate response to rule changes to different governmental entities
- Interface with drilling and production personnel to ensure environmental permit requirements and standards are properly integrated and aligned with permitting strategy
- Collaborate in preparation of the drilling schedule
- Inform drilling and production personnel of applicable regulations that might impact activities
- Support well operations, drilling activities, and audit obligations as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Regulatory compliance experience within the oil and gas industry
- Experience with Texas Regulatory Agencies
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment
- Strong Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with North Dakota and Montana Regulatory Agencies
- Open to travel
- Additional computer skills: Oilfield Software Solutions, AutoCAD and an automated production allocation process
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Level and salary commensurate with experience.