This position is responsible for promoting a safe work environment for all plant employees. Duties include facilitating and communicating safety programs and policies. The Safety Engineer will help drive plant culture towards continuous improvement in overall plant safety performance. He/she will develop, implement and enforce site specific programs to maintain compliance with laws, codes and regulations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with all plant, corporate and OSHA policies and regulations.
• Be a change agent to drive continuous improvement in overall plant safety performance through programs such as employee engagement, hazard recognition / elimination, behavioral based safety, etc.
• Work with Safety Team to set annual targets for injury reduction, and drive necessary actions to meet or exceed targets.
• Assist in maintaining metrics of plant safety performance and provide monthly reporting.
• Assist in developing, implementing and track annual site safety plan actions.
• Assist in developing and maintenance of plant emergency response plans and ensure appropriate training.
• Attend division / corporate safety meetings and calls representing the interest of the plant.
• Work with internal and external groups to coordinate plant S&H audits and evaluaytions / inspections, and ensure timely corrective action for discrepancies.
• Ensure effective delivery of all safety related training with compliance to all applicable plant, corporate and OSHA standards, and maintain all OSHA logs and required recordkeeping required by regulation.
• Ensure / lead investigation of work-related injuries in conjunction with supervisors / managers, along with action planning to prevent reoccurrence.
• Coordinate reporting, tracking, and trend analysis of workplace injuries when they occur and ensure corporate reporting standards are followed.
• Maintain existing SDS system and ensure new materials and products have appropriate SDS sheets and training.
• Perform risk based analysis and recommend improvements to equipment and processes to improve safety and prevent accidents.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Safety, Environmental Health & Safety, Chemistry or other related technical field.
• 3 – 5 years of environmental, health & safety or related experience required.
• Strong working knowledge of Access and Excel and have the ability to create/use these and other databases and spreadsheets to analyze data.
• Ability to develop PowerPoint presentations to communicate data and information.
• Basic background/knowledge in chemistry.
• Customer focused.
• The ability to work in a team environment
• Process Safety Management experience.
• Previous work in a manufacturing setting.
• Building code/standards experience.
• Project management experience.
• Safety or Industrial Hygiene certification (ASP/CSP or CIH).
• Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt Certification.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com