Candidate can report daily to any local IKEA store in the south eastern United States.
ABOUT THE JOB The Timberland Acquisitions / Investment Manager sources and screens investment opportunities for forestry investments in the United States, under the "Resource Independence Investment" framework to support our sustainability efforts. This role also prepares and executes transactions, as well.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Origination of new timberland investments in the US South
- Physical assessment of forest assets, financial analysis of investments using DCF valuation
- Coordinating due diligence of potential investments to be conducted by various experts
- Reviewing risks and opportunities, as well as fundamentals and assumptions of timberland investments
- Commercial negotiations with sellers
- Completion (signing, payments, landbook registration)
- Performing market analysis in terms of the scale and scope (i.e. competitors, number of deals, trends, etc.)
- Supports the central team in the management of the existing US timberland portfolio, and other Financial Asset Management activities when necessary
- Contributes to investments outside of timberland acquisition as relevant (i.e. biomass CHP, short rotation crops plantations, etc.)
- Actively maintains contacts with relevant persons and functions in the IKEA Group worldwide.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- 5 years relevant experience in timberland investment and/or acquisitions
- Previous timber/forestry acquisitions experience strongly preferred
- Corporate finance/M&A/strategy, consulting experience preferred
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com