The Environmental, Safety, Continuous Improvement Manager (ORM) will be responsible for managing Operational Risk Management (ORM) processes that include Safety and Health, Environment, Business Continuity, Facility Security, Asset Conservation, Department of Transportation (DOT), Continuous Improvement and Pandemic Planning. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and Kraft Heinz policies/procedures and processes. In addition, this position is involved with the identification and communication of operational risks, within the factory, and the development of business strategies to mitigate those risks.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Develop and implement ORM strategies that align with corporate objectives to reduce/mitigate operational risk;
- Utilize key metrics to drive performance in ORM at the factory location;
- Communication of ORM factory results to all levels within the organization;
- Participate in the annual ORM conference, quarterly webcasts, regional meetings, etc.;
- Primary liaison to collaborate with Heinz Legal and Communications Department regarding incidents that could jeopardize the integrity of the brands;
- Keep abreast of applicable ORM legislation and practices that impact the factory;
- Develop and manage department ORM financial budget;
- Manage and interact with a diverse group of factory and corporate personnel;
- Ensure that the site adheres to applicable Heinz policies/procedures, processes and operating principles;
- Recommends new policies or procedures as necessary;
- Coordinates and assists with the implementation of continuous improvement principles into ORM elements;
- Accountable for system and operational standards in QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process)
- Utilization of SISTEM for site training
- Implement Heinz ORM Management Systems and Best Practices as designed
- Provide training to staff and employees to ensure that all recognize their contribution to improved ORM performance;
- Ensure compliance with any ORM legislation;
- Coordinate and Attend any hearings on ORM matters;
- Lead on corporate social responsibility issues and action;
- Directs and oversees activities related to ORM controls, including staffing, scheduling, coordinating, and planning;
- Develops and maintains new and current processes and tools to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local ORM regulations and assists the factory with these requirements;
- Devise and implement the facility’s ORM Business Plans. Ensure action items are developed and implemented for process improvement;
- Facilitate Workers’ Compensation process with diligence
- Meet corporate deadlines and completion targets
- Drive optimal ORM performance results
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent is preferred; Bachelor’s level degree is required
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in safety and environmental management is required
- Prior experience with Process Safety Management and Risk Management programs preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA , EPA Regulations, DOT Regulations and Management Systems (i.e., ISO 14001, Safety Management Systems)
- Continuous Improvement Principles and Practices
- Professional designations such as a Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), 30 hour OSHA Certified, Certification in Ergonomics, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety professional (ASP) is preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal rules/regulations such as EEO, FDA, & USDA.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team oriented fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to partner and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to grow with the organization and commit to “doing what it takes” to attain aggressive organizational objectives
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment, problem solving and decision- making skills
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com