MALT seeks a versatile nonprofit marketing communications professional with 5-7 years of directly related experience for the position of Marketing Communications Manager. This person plans, guides and implements a wide range of marketing communications initiatives in support of MALT’s fundraising and other external relations goals. S/he must be able to write, edit, and proof compelling, persuasive copy in a variety of formats that will inspire people to join and support our cause.
The Marketing Communications Manager reports to the Director of Development, supervises the Communications Associate, and works closely and collaboratively with all departments of the organization and the Executive Director, taking guidance and direction from internal clients. This person is a member of the management team.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing communications plan, calendar, and budget in support of the organization’s fundraising and other external relations goals.
- Plan, write, edit and produce a wide variety of communications pieces including but not limited to the organization’s annual report, print and online newsletters, press releases, email communications, website content, and widely assorted collateral.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Communications Associate in the development and execution of a robust and productive online presence, including but not limited to email communications and solicitations, content for malt.org, and social media.
- Support the annual fund team in the identification and development of concepts and topics for direct mail and online solicitations; assist in briefing contract copywriters.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to secure earned media. Source and oversee external support to manage—or directly manage—media relations and the distribution and placement of press releases about our work.
- Serve as the primary guardian of MALT’s brand and voice—ensuring that our messaging and visual representations consistently and accurately reflect our mission and vision in a manner that is compelling to our many and varied stakeholders and supporters.
- Secure and manage freelance or contract support when necessary. Plan and/or manage other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of directly related experience in marketing communications, preferably in a nonprofit environment; familiarity with the needs of a fund development team highly desired
- Highly developed and versatile writing, editing, and oral communication skills, with proficiency in AP Style and a proofer’s eye for detail
- Experience developing communications plans, calendars, and budgets
- Prior management of staff, freelance/contract support, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to effectively prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills; familiarity with project management software preferred
- Strong command of digital media; proficiency with CMS and CRM preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable
This is a full-time, exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com