YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Stewardship Technician will conduct various stewardship and ecological monitoring activities on The Nature Conservancy’s Pine Butte, Crown Butte and Blackleaf Preserves and may travel to other Montana preserves and/or properties to conduct similar duties. Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to: treating noxious weeds and monitoring control efforts; maintaining preserve equipment and facilities; assisting with the collection of ecological monitoring data, data entry, data management and providing information to preserve visitors. The Stewardship Technician supervises no staff and is supervised by the Rocky Mountain Front Land Steward.
- Assist with the control of noxious weeds and monitoring of control efforts.
- Assist with the maintenance of fences, trails, vehicles, equipment and facilities.
- Assist with other resource management activities, including prairie restoration and forest management.
- Assist with research and collection of ecological monitoring data and computer data entry and management.
- Provide information to preserve visitors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Receives detailed instructions to complete required tasks
- May work under close supervision or infrequent supervision
- High school diploma and 6 months of related experience.
- Ability to work independently, following verbal or written instructions.
- Experience operating All Terrain Vehicles (“four-wheeler”).
- Willingness to live and work in an isolated rural environment.
- Due to remote living conditions reliable personal transportation is required.
- Computer experience with Windows and standard applications.
- Familiarity with Montana flora and fauna and practical experience in outdoor work highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team member and commitment to the goals of The Nature Conservancy.
- Ability to complete outdoor work in all weather conditions, using hand tools and ranch equipment with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to interact with preserve visitors and convey basic preserve information.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The Rocky Mountain Front Stewardship Technician may work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances. These conditions:
- Require considerable physical exertion and/or muscular strain
- Present frequent possibility of injury
- Require long hours in isolated settings
- Residence on premises is a requirement
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 46331, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the TNC applicant system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 6, 2018
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com