Haley & Aldrich is a 700-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
We are seeking a strong Civil/Geotechnical Engineering student for a Summer Internship position to assist office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks and perform monitoring and field explorations. This will be a full-time summer internship with a minimum duration of 3 months. This position will be based in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various projects.
· Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
· Support in performing subsurface design/analysis and developing recommendations.
· Assist laboratory manager in running testing on soil samples and evaluating data.
· Visit sites to assist in the field with our monitoring service group.
· Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career
· Candidate should be enrolled in a civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate)
· Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or better
· Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Office and have excellent communication skills
· 40-hour OSHA trained and certified is preferred but not required
· Ability to start work in late May or early June
· Access to a re liable source of transportation to get to/from client sites as needed
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com