About the Position: This position is with the US Army Installation Management Command, US Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett, Directorate of Plans, Training, Mobilization, and Security, Training Division, Fort Hunter Liggett, CA.
We are located on the Central Coast of California between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The nearest towns to Fort Hunter Liggett are King City 26 miles north and Paso Robles 50 miles south. Fort Hunter Liggett is located in a rural area so a vehicle is a must; bus, car and van pools are available from select locations.
Fort Hunter Liggett has many opportunities for outdoor recreation on a large post. It is an easy drive to the Pacific Ocean for beaches, fishing and water sports. Within easy reach are the high Sierras, a winter sports area where the snow is measured in feet and offers summer recreation to include superb camping, hiking and fishing.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as the Sustainable Range Program (SRP) Geographic Information System (GIS) Coordinator for the Installation Training Area Management (ITAM) program training areas.
- Provide SRP GIS support to the Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) Graphic Fire Desk (GFD).
- Provide SRP GIS support to Land Rehabilitation Management (LRAM).
- Provide the ITAM coordinator with GIS component input for the annual work plan, five-year plan, budget plan, and ITAM projects.
- Ensure functional requirements of the SRP GIS Program are met; support Soldier training, ITAM, Range Operations, and Range Modernization geospatial support requirements.
- Ensure range-related facility data is identified and coordinate with the installation real property office to ensure correct real property attributes are included in the geospatial data and real property database.
- Ensure geospatial data developed complies with guidance in the SRP Geospatial Data Strategy Memorandum and associated geospatial data QAPs.
- Prepare hard-copy map outputs using map layer combinations, scale, graphics and annotation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$88,582 to $115,157 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 12.