This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Alaska Fisheries Science Center (AFSC), Resource Assessment and Conservation Engingeering Division (RACE) with one vacancy in Kodiak, AK.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-3.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-AKC-2018-0021, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for Alaska is 5.30% and is not federally taxed. The COLA is not reflected in the locality salary shown in this vacancy announcement. COLAs are exempt from Federal income taxes; post differentials are not.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* Payment of recruitment incentives is authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
* This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Research Fishery Biologist, ZP-0482-3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Research Fishery Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com