SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
SmithGroupJJR is looking for a Sustainability Planner & Strategist to join our team at any one of our current locations. Our practices offer local, national and international projects of all sizes including opportunities with our other offices.
Working with us, you will:
- Support a variety of projects where SmithGroupJJR is providing oversight to a placed-base solution.
- Lead project teams providing main client connections, internal and external team management, and ensuring financial, brand and project success.
- Develop frameworks linking place to mission for a variety of clients. These frameworks usually include a vision, objectives, strategies and KPIs that measure and manage the triple bottom line performance to drive our clients’ mission.
- Aid in project pursuits and potential new client engagement.
- Connect across SmithGroupJJR practice areas and disciplines to further integrate strategic planning overlays such as (but not including) sustainability or performance frameworks, governance models, economic/market analysis, policy advocacy, data integration and analytics, sustainability overlays and resiliency frameworks.
- Support projects at campus and district scale providing sustainability overlays through collection of data, exploration and options, various analytical studies and ultimately recommendations in lock-step with place-based designs.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors Degree (Environmental Studies, Architecture, Urban Planning or Urban Design, Engineering, Economics, etc.). Masters preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the sustainable strategy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in planning, execution and management of all aspects of projects from the scoping through reporting.
- LEED Accreditation is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in third-party framework at a beyond-building scale (Ex. LEED ND, LEED for Cities/Communities, EcoDistricts, Envision, Living Communities Challenge, district energy transit).
- Experience in the use of large data sets and ability to create graphic representations of data use via tables, charts and other graphical output features.
- The ability to creatively participate in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team setting and to clearly communicate sustainability ideas and strategies to design team members and clients.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below and please provide us with your resume, portfolio, and cover letter with your salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.