Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
The ideal candidate should be team-oriented and have a high attention to detail. Comfortable independently executing experiments based on documented work plans and guidance from the lead practitioner.
- Experience adhering to budget, scope, and schedule constraints.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (reports) is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Independent data analysis and interpretation experience is a plus.
- Experience building reactors/columns/other experimental apparatuses is a plus.
- Should be comfortable troubleshooting a variety of lab equipment and experimental systems.
- Understanding of chemical and biological hazards and considerations at laboratory scale.
- Good understanding of redox chemistry, as it relates to environmental engineering. Ability to balance redox reactions and perform electron balances. Understanding of the applications to disinfection, ISCO, or abiotic remediation a plus.
- Good experience with chromatograph instruments (GC/IC/HPLC).
- Experience with environmental microbiology, including sterile techniques and anaerobic culture techniques is a plus.
- Experience with electrochemistry including operation of electrolysis cells or fuel cells is a plus.
- Experience in running UV, ozone, and/or other water treatment tests at the bench scale study level is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science required. Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) expected. Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com