Amazon’s Sustainability team is looking for a bright, customer obsessed, hard-working and innovative leader to join our team. This person will join and support our Worldwide (WW) Sustainability team.
As a Sr. Program Manager for the WW Sustainability team, you will build new and innovative ways to make the circular economy more accessible to Amazon’s customers. You will be responsible for using the unique strengths of Amazon to delight our customers with sustainable end-of-life solutions across a wide variety of products. You will think beyond end-of-life to create new business models which eliminate the concept of waste. You will work closely internal teams to improve the customer experience of packaging and reduce the environmental, social and financial cost of recycling. The scope of this role is broad with an emphasis on driving solutions for our customers. This role will build relationships with external vendors, operations, accounting, technical teams, procurement, senior leadership and other business lines to create services that do not exist today. This opportunity requires excellent project management skills and the ability to create disruptive innovation in many established industries. You should think constantly about how Amazon can turn waste from a financial, environmental and social cost into a source of business growth.
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects with multi-industry impact. You should be comfortable in both an ambiguous, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and product management skills, and is technical and analytical. Experience managing data sets and generating reports required. You should have excellent troubleshooting, problem solving skills and be able to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is innovation and delivering results on behalf of our customers.
· Experience with designing and launching customer-facing products or services
· Build scalable programs that provide solutions for product and packaging waste
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications
· Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize and influence work prioritization
· Develop key metrics for evaluation of waste solutions in different areas of the business
· Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and senior leaders of the business
· Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with your stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant field of study.
· Minimum 5 + years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
· Strong product/program management experience and familiarity with associated tools.
· Ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions.
· Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to develop engaging customer-facing programs
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Experience in waste management, recycling and/or operations process improvement
· Deep knowledge of international supply chains and full life cycle of electronic goods
· Expertise with reverse logistics and international regulations related to product recycling and disposal
· Passion for sustainability and technology
· Innate desire for excellence in all endeavors that is infectious and sets the bar for the team
· MBA or related Master’s Degree
· Attention to detail in process improvement and data analysis.
· Ability to work cross functionally
· The candidate must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus and be an excellent communicator who can articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
· Experience leading diverse and high-performing teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com