Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike’s path forward.
The Sustainable Business & Innovation organization (SB&I) aims to enable NIKE, Inc. to transition to a more sustainable, resilient, and profitable business model by obsessing the future of sport and the changing world we all share. SB&I works to leverage the strength of the NIKE brand to catalyze action within our industry and beyond and work with partners inside and outside NIKE to make sustainable innovation a driver of business value and positive global change.
As the Director of Strategy for SB&I, you will play an integral role in enabling the development of comprehensive NIKE, Inc. Sustainability strategies. You will be responsible for working with leaders across the enterprise and within SB&I to drive NIKE’s sustainability strategic agenda. You will serve as a critical partner in the development of financial models to inform decision-making and will lead a variety of analytical workstreams to identify, resolve, and implement solutions to key business and sustainability challenges. You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the Director of Strategy for the Chief Sustainability Officer of NIKE to develop long-term sustainability strategy taking into account the environmental footprint of our value chain, emerging opportunities and risks, consumer trends, competitive activity, existing Inc. strategies and value creation potential;
- Partnering with the VP of SB&I and the SB&I Leadership team to develop a strategic approach to key sustainability challenges such as development and adoption of low-impact materials; resource efficient methods of make; and lighter simpler construction while allowing for reuse.
- Working with individual functions within SB&I to support the development of robust unit-level strategies in alignment with NIKE’s strategic planning process and
- Measuring and reporting on the tangible progress being made against these strategies through critical analysis of quarterly plans and reporting of quarterly results to provide a cohesive understanding of SB&I’s three distinct portfolios;
- Partnering with Strategy, Finance, and Portfolio functions within Advanced Innovation and the SB&I Leadership team to analyze, prepare for, execute, and communicate on the Project Review Boards employed to fund innovations and operations across the enterprise that have a significant and positive sustainability impact;
- Partnering with Finance to clearly articulate the business value of sustainability initiatives and investments as well as inform and guide SB&I budgeting, forecasting and reporting in alignment with the Innovation-wide Financial Reporting framework and requirement.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following:
- Strong experience in strategy development, innovation management, process and project management, and financial management in a global setting
- Experience structuring and leading system-level strategic projects and strategic problem-solving skills that capture an end to end view of the business
- Successful track record partnering with executive-level professionals to drive business outcomes and serving them as a trusted advisor
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and provide direction to drive to results
- Strong quantitative background regarding how shareholder value is created through a variety of financial analysis frameworks (ROI, NPV, Real Options Theory)
- Commanding understanding of scenario planning, SWOT analysis, and other predictive analytics techniques
- The ability to author executive-ready, high-impact presentations and to present complex topics simply and through compelling narratives to a senior audience in a variety of settings
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following qualities:
- Strategic thinker: able to conduct “white space strategy,” taking a complex problem and developing a framework to evaluate options, weigh out the benefits and risks, make a well-founded recommendation, and communicate a suitable action plan
- Strong “peripheral vision” and ability to automatically see opportunities in a highly-nuanced domain to make connections that will drive efficiency and alignment.
- High attention to detail
- Comfort working under pressure and to tight deadlines while operating in a matrixed environment where building consensus and bring others along is of high value
- Results-driven and able to develop a plan and demonstrate progress at times of uncertainty
- Creative, open to debate, positionally and politically savvy, and able to flex leadership style as the situation warrants
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sustainability, or related field
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 8+ years total work experience (3+ years’ experience post MBA) in management consulting, strategic planning, investment banking, private equity and/or corporate finance
- 2 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience working in corporate world in an international setting
- Ability to relocate to the Portland, OR metro area
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com