The McComb Wood products facility is a random length sawmill primarily producing lumber up to 20 feet in length. The McComb facility is located in historic Magnolia, Mississippi, just south of the city of McComb. With canoeing and river fishing activities on the beautiful Bogue Chitto River to the east and camping, boating and fishing adventures at Percy Quin State Park to the west, Magnolia and the City of McComb offer the best in recreation and relaxation. Located just 100 miles from New Orleans, 80 miles from Jackson and 75 miles from Hattiesburg, you’ll enjoy all the shopping, entertainment and professional sports venues this area has to offer.
The McComb Wood Products facility has an immediate opening for an Environmental Manager. The Environmental Manager is responsible and accountable for leading all aspects of the environmental work for both McComb Wood Products and Holden Wood Products. Duties will include implementing systems to operate in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations and permit conditions, maintaining all environmental operating plans and records, and championing best practices to improve unit performance. This position partners with the Mill’s leadership team to establish and model behavior that leads to excellent mill performance. This position is an individual contributor role and reports to the Regional Environmental Manager.
- Work safely, in full compliance with the facility safety plans, policies and practices.
- Role model all standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of safety, integrity, sustainability and citizenship.
- Be accountable for compliance with environmental regulations and permit conditions daily.
- Conduct, collect and oversee environmental permitting, testing and data collection for air, water and waste required to comply with all Federal and state environmental regulatory requirements and operational permit conditions.
- Monitor, audit, and prepare reports to ensure compliance with environmental regulations, permit conditions, and Company policies.
- Collect and maintain accurate records as required by federal and state regulatory agencies. Participate in any federal or state environmental related inspections.
- Build relationships with production leaders, managers, supervisors and associates to influence environmental best practices.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of facility environmental plans and procedures.
- Resolve environmental upsets with the facility manager, regional environmental manager, appropriate regulatory agencies, and other appropriate company environmental contacts.
- Support and/or lead facility environmental compliance audits at the facility.
- Conducts environmental training for all employees as required.
- Participate as an active member of the Unit’s lead team to actively support unit and business goals and objectives and establish and model organizational behavior.
- Participate as an active member of the regional environmental team to support environmental efforts, train on new or changing regulatory matters, and share best management practices.
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from an accredited institution in engineering, environmental management, chemistry, biology or other related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental regulations and permits, including but not limited to, air, water and solid waste requirements, or have the ability to learn and obtain the necessary skills and knowledge within a time frame specified by management.
- Understands the environmental compliance audit/inspection process and ability to complete an internal/external audit/inspection.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Project management skills to include the ability to develop and implement environmental processes.
- Proactive, assertive and have the ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or within a group.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other windows based programs.
- Willingness to support 24/7 operating environments, which may include weekend and holiday support as conditions require.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of working in an industrial environment, such as climbing stairs and working in extreme heat and cold.
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com