About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District, Operations Division located at the Big Bend Project Office in Fort Thompson, SD.
Learn more about this agency
- Patrol project lands, guard against unsafe and unsanitary conditions, trespassing, fire hazards, vandalism, thefts, control traffic, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Hand out maps, pamphlets, and copies of rules and regulations.
- Answer questions about fishing, hunting, and campsite locations.
- Develop and present campfire programs, dam tours, nature walks, amphitheater programs, and other outdoor activities for the visiting public.
- Conduct a program to identify and control the overuse and abuse of project lands and facilities.
- Prepare reports on public use and attendance.
- Identify erosion problems and plan and implement soil protection projects.
- Utilize management tools to store, compile, and transmit data related to recreation and resources management.
- Serve as a recreation fee collector or alternate recreation fee cashier.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com