This position will report to a Senior Environmental Manager and will support the manager in the development and implementation of environmental compliance programs for all CVS Health facilities and management of environmental real estate matters on new and existing properties. The Environmental Specialist will have good working knowledge of major federal environmental regulations. This position will research regulatory requirements and determine applicability under the supervision of a manager. Working with a Manager, the Environmental Specialist position will interact with business partners to identify compliance requirements applicable to CVS operations. In addition, this position will be a technical resource to all CVS Health Business Units. General knowledge of hazardous waste, brown fields, water, and air regulations is required. Experience working on environmental matters in a retail setting is desired but not required.
- 1+ years of MS Office experience, either academically or professionally, required
- 2+ years of professional experience required, part-time jobs and internships included. Experience coming directly from consulting, engineering, corporate retail, or Environmental Health & Safety strongly preferred
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficient in communicating and solving complex environmental matters related to environmental regulations found under Federal and State environmental statutes such as the Clean Water Act-NPDES, CERCLA, Clean Air Act, RCRA, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Willingness to travel on occasion
Verifiable High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degrees strongly preferred
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com