We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
BSR is also a founding partner of the We Mean Business coalition, a group of business-facing networks and think tanks that collectively works with thousands of businesses and investors to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy. BSR is proud to play an active role in the policy engagement, corporate engagement, and communications work of the coalition.
The Manager, Climate Change will drive forward BSR’s climate change work, which includes thought leadership and research, collaborative initiatives, and advisory services work with companies. BSR works with its member companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to build resilience to unavoidable climate impacts, advancing the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
The successful candidate will work closely with BSR’s global climate team to build, align, and execute our portfolio of work. The specific focuses of the position will depend on the successful candidate’s particular climate expertise.
The successful candidate will collaborate with BSR Directors to develop business opportunities with BSR members, other leading companies addressing climate change, and grant funders.
This position is full-time, based in either New York (preferred) or San Francisco, and reports to the Director, Climate Change.
- Project Implementation: The Manager will play a key role in BSR’s delivery of consulting services, collaborative initiatives, and applied research on climate change. The successful candidate will design and manage climate projects for individual companies, manage complex grant-funded projects with multiple workstreams, and will align and operationalize synergies between our different streams of climate work. He or she will also collaborate with colleagues managed by BSR’s industry leads.
- Thought Leadership and External Representation: The Manager will keep up with the latest developments on private-sector climate action, identify leading topics, and contribute to BSR’s published thought leadership in the area. He or she will represent the climate practice to external audiences, including at the BSR Conference.
- Business Development: The Manager will pursue business development opportunities collaboratively with BSR’s industry and area of expertise directors. He or she will also contribute to the recruitment of member companies to our climate-facing collaborative initiatives.
- Master’s degree in business, law, or other relevant discipline required.
- Demonstrated expertise on how the private sector addresses climate change, as well as on the landscape of other climate stakeholders.
- Significant climate experience (at least 5 years) required. Experience with a relevant industrial sector taking strong climate action such as transport; food, beverage, and agriculture; or ICT, is a plus.
- Specialist climate expertise on emissions reductions or corporate procurement of renewable energy is a plus.
- Outstanding project management skills required, including the demonstrated ability to manage both long-term grants and shorter consultancy projects, to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, and to deliver for clients and funders.
- Leadership and management skills, including the ability to mentor other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to undertake business travel (up to 20% of the time).
- Language skills: Fluent in English, with an additional language from a region in which BSR is based a plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Collaborative mindset and the intellectual agility to work with companies across various industries and with colleagues who are expert on other sustainability issues.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com