Do you want to join a team focused on activating a base of people to stop Trump’s attacks on everything we care about and fought to protect?
Do you want to organize people to remove some of his worst appointed leaders like Pruitt who is working to dismantle the Environmental Protection Agency?
Do you want to work at the nexus of environmental protection, economic justice and social justice?
Do you want to organize people stand up to devastating impacts of the fossil fuel industry?
Are you an experienced and extremely talented organizer?
Do you want to help one of the oldest environmental groups turn a base of supporters into a base of activists and recruit new people at the very moment we need as many people active as possible?
Do you live in Minneapolis, MN?
Do have experience working with a virtual team and being local staff for national organization?
We are seeking to hire a talented and dedicated northwest organizer to join the organizing team based out of Minneapolis, MN. The MW organizer will be focused on helping to engage grassroots activists by identifying, training, activating, and developing local leaders for a FOE grassroots network . The goals of the organizer will be to recruit new volunteers, develop leaders, and collaborate with allies on behalf of Friends of the Earth, and focusing that organizing on the urgent issue of stopping Trump, his friends in congress, and the fossil fuel industry from dismantling our environmental and social justice laws. We are looking for an experienced organizer who can help us maximize the impact of our organizing at this critical moment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop grassroots leaders in priority MW (MN, MI, IL) based from Minneapolis, MN;
- Train newly engaged activists in a variety of critical organizing skills;
- Organize and mobilize a broad, diverse and powerful base of supporters in support FOE’s efforts to stop the destructive attacks on environmental and social justice protections;
- Recruit and activate volunteers;
- Coordinate events such as organizing meetings, rallies, weeks of action, panel discussions, and film screenings;
- Coordinate and implement grassroots and grasstops organizing and public education campaigns;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- As part of the national organizing team help design organizing plan and strategy, create materials, plan and execute trainings
Two or more years of experience in grassroots/field organizing.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A demonstrated commitment to environmental and social justice;
- Experience in grassroots organizing, recruitment, and leadership development;
- Experience in organizing events including protests, rallies, and actions on key issues;
- Desire to have a major impact on policy debates through hard-hitting advocacy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire trust and respect among colleagues and external partners;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once in a self-directed manner, ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast-moving and results-oriented team, ability to work in coordination with a diverse group of coalition partners and ability to work effectively in a changing environment;
- Sophisticated communication skills and comfort with presenting material to a wide range of audiences, including the public, the press, businesses and government officials;
- Excellent decision-making skills, professional initiative, time management, prioritization and networking skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Experience working with a virtual team as the local/regional representative for national organization
The organizer will be paid commensurate with experience.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com