Are you passionate about helping promote renewable energy and protecting Utah from dirty air and nuclear waste? Do you want to support this work by helping expand one of Utah’s premier grassroots advocacy organizations? Are you interested in getting hands-on experience in non-profit fundraising, marketing, policy, lobbying, outreach and more?
HEAL Utah is seeking an intern to help with the following projects:
· Helping us reach new supporters around the state, via outreach events
· Attending legislative meetings and lobbying in support of clean air and clean energy bills
· Research and writing to support our campaigns, such as: Working to transition as quickly as possible away from dirty coal power plants; Pushing renewable energy; Fighting for solutions to Utah’s air pollution problem.
· Ongoing organizational tasks, such as helping engage dozens of HEAL volunteers, manage our list of over 15,000 existing supporters and help cultivate hundreds of new supporters.
· Assist with HEAL Utah events, including press conferences, regulatory hearings and quarterly HEAL community educational nights.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter. Successful applicants will be: passionate about Utah’s health and environment; outgoing; disciplined; be determined problem-solvers; and have a engaging personality. Preference will be given to those with a background in: environmental issues, public policy, research, public speaking, activism, non-profits, fundraising and marketing.
• Passion for HEAL Utah’s work and dedication to helping us grow
• Ability to commit roughly 10-12 hours per week from approximately early January – mid-May, mid August – mid December or 15 hours per week from mid May – mid August.
• Available some weekends and evenings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Available from 9:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday for the majority of internship hours
Compensation: Interns will be paid a $500 stipend.
Submit: (1) A detailed cover letter explaining your fit, (2) A resume describing prior relevant experience, and (3) one or two names whom we can call for references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will conduct interviews for selected candidates shortly after the application period closes. Questions can be directed to: Noah at email@example.com or 801-355-5055.
Fall Application Deadline: July 24
Spring Application Deadline: November 20
Summer Application Deadline: April 16