Job Description and Duties
- Assists in the collection and transportation of sediment, water, and air samples.
- Prepares sampling materials and supplies (label sample containers, calibrate sampling equipment) and prepares documentation and maps (chain of custody records and sample tracking records); maintains and operates sampling equipment.
- Conducts literature searches and performs various tasks on computer systems that include: spreadsheet, database, and word processing functions.
- Assists in deriving aquatic life benchmarks from US EPA pesticide registration documents.
- May write Standard Operating Procedures and Environmental Fate Reports or assist in developing outreach materials related to mitigating impacts of pesticide use.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Knowledge and experience in environmental and ecological sciences and field work
- Strong writing skills
Critical Job Competencies
- Self-Motivation, Optimism, Sustained Commitment, Perseverance
Final Filing Date: 3/21/2018
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$12.59 - $14.93/hr.