The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting part-time cooperative education job opportunity available in Midland, MI. This position is open to qualified and highly-committed college students enrolled in a fully accredited college or university located very close to the Midland Dow site. Unlike a short-term internship project outside of school terms, this particular role is a long-term, year-round, undergraduate student position -- at least one full year in duration -- while the student is simultaneously taking classes toward an undergraduate degree. This opportunity offers the student valuable professional work experience in a dynamic, multi-national corporation interfacing with colleagues and leaders in many different roles. This program is designed for academically successful students who meet ALL of the specific job and co-op program requirements listed below and who cansimultaneously succeed both in school and in a professional work environment.
The Dow Chemical Company is offering a great opportunities in a global environment. We are looking for an ambitious Student supporting our business who is interested in a Coop Opportunity. The ideal candidate will be able to learn new electronic systems and be comfortable with a fast paced environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate Domestic and International Travel
- Organize and Submit Expense reports
- Create Meeting requests including conference room requests
- Ordering supplies
- Mail/FedEx shipments
- Tech Team SharePoint
- Tech Team document library
- Employee change forms
- Document request from 1610/Adept system (filing documents within Adept)
- File room clean up/records retention
- Requisition Processing
- Voucher Requests
- Change order requests
- APAY issues
- Troubleshooting various issues
REQUIRED & PREFERRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must have a willingness to learn and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to participate in Safety Program and follow all Dow Safety Standards
- Student must be able to deliver a quality work product, pay attention to details, prioritize tasks, and follow through on details to completion.
- Candidate must be efficient and productive and be able to keep up with deadlines committed to.
- Student should be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done, ask for clarity or additional instruction when needed, and be able to work independently as well as cooperatively with the team.
- Student should be flexible, cooperative and have a positive attitude.
Critical Requirements of the Local Student Co-Op Program
- High school diploma/GED and already enrolled at an accredited college or university located close to the Midland Dow site, pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 6 credit hours per term during both the Fall and Winter terms (~Sept-Apr).
- Seeking high performing student with strong GPAs of 3.000+; however, a minimum 2.700+ term and cumulative GPA on a 4.000 scale is required at ALL times – both to enter and to continue working in the Dow co-op program. Attach a screen capture from your school’s website or a copy of your most recent transcripts/grade report showing classes and recent GPAs to this application. Eligibility to continue in this cooperative education program is checked every term.
- Able to begin work very soon, usually within 3 weeks of the job offer, and work year-round at least 20 hours each week ONLY during our regular business hours (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri…max 8 hours/day and 30/week during school).
- Commit to the role for at least 1 full calendar year (BEFORE completing classes for your stated undergraduate degree or BEFORE transferring out of the area). Students available longer than one year before completing their degree program are preferred and advantaged.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality in commuting to work daily or at least 3 days a week; therefore, dependable transportation, dedication and time management skills are absolutely required.
- Registered/enrolled in their school's Cooperative Education Program before the first day at Dow and comply with the school’s policies/requirements, in addition to Dow's, for the duration of co-op employment.
- Any current Dow college co-ops wishing to transfer into this role must have been in their current role at least one full year, must have at least one full year left before graduating or transferring out of the area, and must have supervisor approval before applying to each Dow co-op job posting.
Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to pass a background check and drug screen/medical evaluation and will verify school-related requirements and I-9 documentation before being hired into Dow. A minimum requirement for the U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com