The Coordinator within the Sustainability Certifications program of the Food and Agriculture Division works primarily with the Fair Trade USA, Equitable Food Initiative, Sustainably Grown, and Veriflora® certification programs, and other certification programs as needed.
The primary responsibilities of the Coordinator include managing audit projects and administrative tasks related to communications, expense reports, invoices, audit scheduling, trip planning, report review and application processing. The Coordinator is also responsible for documentation of all the aforementioned activities on an ongoing basis in SCS’ database.
- Fair Trade USA
- Equitable Food Initiative
- Sustainably Grown
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage daily email and telephone/Skype communications in English and Spanish with clients, SCS program personnel and contractors
- Support the program through client relationship management within a team environment
Audit Project Coordination
- Manage client annual audit certification cycle
- Support scoping of audit projects
- Prepare audit plans and related audit documents and forms
- Track and meet audit project milestones and deadlines
- Prepare work orders and invoices for clients
- Perform quality review of audit reports
- Manage auditor schedules, workloads and travel budgets
- Plan audits and trip itineraries for Sustainability staff and auditors
- Carry out travel booking and logistical arrangements, as needed
- Review expense reports for Sustainability staff and auditors
- Ensure program compliance with SCS quality system
- Maintain new, existing and archived program files in accordance with program requirements
- Maintain client database and client records, including but not limited to applications, reports, certificates, work orders, and invoices
- Develop, translate, and edit program materials, communication templates, and report templates
- Support development of training programs and related materials for auditors
- Additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director and Manager
- Must have strong proficiency or fluency in Spanish. Fluency in additional languages such as French or Portuguese a plus. Fluency in English required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Sustainability, Agricultural or Food Systems, Environmental Science, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in project management or administration
- Excellent writing, communication, and customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently; responsive and adaptive personality
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Understanding of food labeling programs and third-party certification initiatives
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Additional Preferred Skills
- Scope-specific work or study experience, and/or applied experience in agricultural or food production systems
- Proficiency in data management software such as FileMaker Pro database systems
- Experience with third-party certification, ISO 9001 accreditation or similar
This is an office based job. Sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen to employees and vendors in person and on the phone.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com