About the Position: This position is located in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District, Oahe Project, Pierre, SD. The Oahe Project is a multi-purpose project providing flood control, recreation, hydropower, water supply, irrigation and wildlife and fisheries benefits to the nation. There are excellent opportunities for a variety of fishing and hunting in this area.
Learn more about this agency
- Patrol project lands, guard against unsafe and unsanitary conditions, trespassing, fire hazards, vandalism, thefts, control traffic, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Hand out maps, pamphlets, and copies of rules and regulations.
- Answer questions about fishing, hunting, and campsite locations.
- Develop and present campfire programs, dam tours, nature walks, amphitheater programs, and other outdoor activities for the visiting public.
- Keep historical records, files and items, and maintains ranger library.
- Conduct a program to identify and control the overuse and abuse of project lands and facilities.
- Identify erosion problems and plan and implement soil protection projects.
- Improve fisheries through active involvement in various habitat projects.
- Utilize management tools to store, compile, and transmit data related to recreation and resources management.
- Serve as a recreation fee collector or alternate recreation fee cashier.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$33,394 to $43,414 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 5.