Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia. Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Exton office has an immediate opening for an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Environmental Scientist (or related field) with 6 to 10 years of experience to work as a project lead on environmental assessment and remediation projects in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. This position involves frequent interaction/collaboration with client representatives and project team members.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating field sample and/or oversight events with staff, vendors and subcontractors. Includes leading internal and on-site project/task kickoff meetings.
- Analyzing/interpreting large sets of analytical/hydrogeologic data and developing site conceptual models
- Lead authoring of technical reports such as remedial investigation work plans (RIWP), remedial investigation reports (RIR), remedial action selection evaluations (RASE), remedial action work plans (RAWP) and remedial action reports (RAWP)
- Lead authoring of bid specification packages for remedial investigation and remedial action projects
- Delegating office and field work to junior staff
- Directly overseeing complex site work
- Preparing and maintaining project schedules
- Monitoring project budgets
- Facilitating site access agreements with property owners
- Facilitating permits with regulatory agencies
- Assisting Project Managers in preparation of proposals
Qualified candidates should possess:
- 6-10 years of experience working on environmental projects in PA and/or NJ, with an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- Knowledge of PADEP and/or NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
- A strong technical background in environmental due-diligence, such as Phase I & II Environmental Assessments, and NJ Preliminary Assessments
- Experience conducting and leading environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling including soil boring advancement, monitoring well installation, soil/groundwater sampling, and identification and evaluation of sensitive receptors
- Experience planning, conducting and leading remediation activities such as soil excavation, soil vapor extraction, air sparge, in-situ stabilization and chemical injections
- Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, etc.
- Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations and potable well impact studies
- Office experience related to scheduling, lab and subcontractor coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to both, follow direction and work independently
- Positive, professional attitude, with organization and multi-tasking skills
- A passion for excellence in health and safety
- A passion for excellence in work products
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS for 2D data mapping
Additional qualifications to be considered:
- Some experience with the EPA TRIAD approach using tools such as MIP, LIF, CPT, on-site gas-chromatography, and other direct-sensing/real-time data collection techniques a plus
- Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments a plus
- Knowledge of Environmental Planning and Permitting a plus
- MS Project proficiency a plus.
- Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling with 3D visualization software such as EVS or ROCKWORKS a plus
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and real-time problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant regulations/guidance and client-specific requirements. Occasional overnight travel to project sites in Pennsylvania and New Jersey are required. Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com