Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our plant in Tampa, FL is part of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions group. As the world’s largest automotive battery manufacturer, Johnson Controls produces 146 million batteries - one-third of the industry's output - every year. We power every type of passenger vehicle, heavy-duty and light commercial trucks, motorcycles, golf cars, lawn and garden tractors, and marine applications. We have 15,000 employees working in more than 50 facilities worldwide to support our customers’ growth wherever they are located.
The Environmental Engineer directs the development, implementation and maintenance of JCI's environmental management system to ensure workplace conditions comply with applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations as well as JCI policies and standards
• Responsible for air, wastewater, stormwater, and hazardous waste control systems
• Operates and monitors process and equipment to treat wastewater prior to discharge to local POTW. Maintains all aspects of wastewater treatment plant including but not limited to chemical mixing, water sampling, sludge processing and system maintenance
• Oversees all aspects of hazardous waste management - collection, storage, handling, labeling, manifest, transportation and record keeping
• Conducts site assessments, reviews and inspections. Analyzes and interprets results, recommends appropriate corrective actions, communicates results and follows up on issues or concerns until completion
• Develops and implements effective plant programs for the identification, prevention and control of environmental issues
• Develops and coordinates plant environmental education and training programs
• Responsible for the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and maintaining the certification
• Conduct environmental audits, and coordinate plant preparation for corporate audits
• Emergency coordinator for environmental spills. Notifies proper authorities in emergency situations
• Schedules inspections, maintenance and repairs to pollution control equipment
• Maintains logs, monitoring and inspection records for pollution control systems
• Prepares and submits reports required by Federal, State, County or Municipal Agency,as well as JCI Corporate
• Assists Safety Manager on an as needed basis with contractor training, Safety Star Points, lead in air sampling, and air flow testing of make-up air units, work tables, tamp stands and barrels at work stations throughout assembly areas
• All other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment or in a facility with multiple environmental components
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Previous experience leading or supporting environmental programs, including experience with environmental agencies and required reporting.
• Previous experience with FDEP and/or EPA compliance.
• Prior use of the Microsoft Office Suite; ability to formulate reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
• Previous experience managing a wastewater treatment program.
• Previous experience leading an emergency response team.
• Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field
• Previous training in any of the following: Hazardous/Toxic Waste Management, DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation Program, 24-hour HazMat Technician Certification
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination - Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com